Command Line Interface for iPad

Hello!
Can anyone help me to find a Command Line App for iPad Pro?
I’m new to the course and am supposed to set up a Command Line Interface for further steps. Since I use an iPad Pro (and have no computer at hand) is there any “affordable” or free solution?
Thank you.

1 Like

If this is just for learning purposes perhaps an online linux terminal or bash editor would be your simplest option. Following site has a few potential options and a web search would get your more-

Something like ish might be overkill (local emulation) and it’s quite slow for that reason but it’s by far and away the best option for ipad I’ve found- https://ish.app/
It’s worth taking a look and considering if it fits your needs. Bear in mind that apple tends not to look too fondly at certain apps like this so it might not remain available.

Edit: Seems it’s out of beta (fairly recently) and actually available on the app store so have a look there too. I’m looking into the details at the minute and it may or may not be removed from the app store quite soon. Have a quick web search to see what the craic is.

Thank you tgrtim. It’s “in the box”! :wink: I’ll take a look and poke around a bit.

It’s also maybe noteworthy to add that to get proper terminal functionality you’d need to jailbreak the iPad (which we definitely can’t promote here). Any legal emulation would just be superficial and would be for running basic commands.

Thank you for your message! At this early stage of coding knowledge, I wouldn’t know/want to jailbreak anything. It might just blow up in my face :exploding_head: