Combine CSS and HTML

Hi,
I am trying to make some buttons with internal weblinks inkluding a text on the button . I would like to place these buttons on short product description on my Magenhto website. I do not have experience with html and CSS and wondered if somebody could help me to show a code with 2 horisontally aligned buttons each having an internal code buttons(110*40px) should have background colour #f5f5f5 border (1px #ddd solid) : I have managed to make html code already that works in this field so now i want to upgrade it to look like a button (needs to be responsive)

Some help is highly appreciated;-)

Gerhard

people who learn to code, invest a lot of time into this. Why would we then proceed to build things for free? we can help you, but you have to show us what you have and you will have to do most of the work

Buttons can only very limited be responsive (smaller size), most of the responsive design has to come from the parent elements and the design of the page itself.

Text on link today This can be used as example. How much to you charge? Since html is already working in this text field i assume that also CSS can be used?

I think its a violation of the guidelines to hire someone here.

Code needs to be integrated within the page, making the buttons isn’t the challenge. We can’t jut work of an example, it doesn’t work like that. Your questions indeed indicate your lack of coding experience

We can’t help you, without the code. There is already existing code, what someone might build might not integrate well.

Hi. Being new here i did not know how this community was working. Initially i thought it was voluntary assistance but i interpreted the response as fact that community is not working for free…

Anyway, i have the actual htlm code for the link, do you need more than this? are we talking about the source code?

Well, mostly its helping people related to codecademy exercises

non-exercise related question can be asked in the corner bar, and there is a difference between helping and working for free.

the html code would be sufficient.

<a href=" /spisestue/spisebord/alec-rund-spisebord.html">SKINN</a>

I truly appreciate your help!

what about this then:

you can just make a css rule:

a {
   property: value;
}

as for the inline, there are several options, display: inline-block. But you would have to write the css properties

the css selector might need a change if you have multiple anchor elements, but then again, you didn’t provide me with everything i need.

Truly appreviate your effort at the same way as i understand that you we are on totally different levels here. I do not want to waste your time on me, but maybe you can advice me some links to basic litterature on combining CSS and HTML ( what has confused me when i have read about the topic is that i believe you have to put CSS in a container in header on page and i hoped i could write it as one code in the field in question), i will study and then get back with more qualified questions. Thanks for your patience!

Gerhard

codecademy has a html and css course? You can take those, they are free.

MDN always has good documentation on html and css.

there are also plenty of other learning sources (udemy, sololearn, codeschool) and freecodecamp (also really good)

what do you define as linking html and css? we can use inline style:

<p style="color: red">i am red</p>

you can use an internal stylesheet:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8">
  <title>example</title>
  <style
  p { color: red }
  </style>
</head>
<body>
  <p>i am red</p>
</body>
</html>

or you can use an external stylesheet:

<!-- index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css">
  <meta charset="utf-8">
  <title>example</title>
</head>
<body>
  <p>i am red</p>
</body>
</html>
/* style.css */
p { color: red }

if you use external stylesheet, you need to <link> in the html file

your linking sounds more how css selectors are related to html elements.

Thank you for your effort to assist me! I will study hard;-)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.