Coding phone apps

Hello there, i read the post and the only thing i’m thinking right now is that you are getting some things wrong, yes it is “easier” to code on just one framework/technology, BUT applications aren’t made for the sake of developers are made for users, and so why do you think people is still using native development on apps? it is not because it is easier, there are a bunch of reasons, and i can give you a couple. First off Look and feel and UX, IOS users hate/don’t like Android apps and vice versa, the layout for the components are different from platform to platform (you can look for examples of Apps on different OS) and you will notice what i’m saying, second you don’t always write apps because they are cheap to make, sometimes you want performance specially with nowadays users who can’t stand a 3 seconds delay, in this case if your app is time/space consuming and you use this “Auto generated code tools” in some cases you could have performance issues due to poor practices written in this tools. The point is, everything has an advantage but it also has it weaknesses and nope it’s not even nearby the time where native development will be discontinued. I just wanted to make you see that since you are not misleading yourselves, always try to research the pros and cons about using something, don’t just use it because you “feel” it’s better, in some cases this tools like Phonegap come handy, but sometimes they don’t specially if you want to make a really complex app.

1 Like