Codecademy very slow

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/data-science/tracks/analyze-data-sql-analyze-real-data/modules/analyze-data-sql-usage-funnels/lessons/sql-funnels/exercises/survey-funnel-i

Hi I’m using the link above to try to learn data science.

I can’t for the life of me get it to work. I’ve turn on and off the computer several times. I’ve changed browsers from Safari (which I always use w/out a problem) to Chrome and back.

Is there something wrong with the website?

I’m having quite a hard time trying to load this page and getting it to work. Ive turned on and off Safari/Chrome, I’ve turned on and off the computer, all other websites work fine, I can stream from youtube no problem.

I don’t get it… is the website under maintenance?

Ok… it started to work… slowly now. The pages are loading slowly.

But I’ve been trying to get it to work for the past 30-40 minutes before the post above.

Yes… it works… kind of… now.

But I’ve ran into this problem before where it just won’t work. Even youtube streaming at 4k works. So I don’t think its my internet connection.

Is there something wrong with the CC servers? Or is there something else that is making the site so slow?

Could be the number of concurrent requests, especially during a time when people are stuck at home and using the site heavily. So, yes, it could maybe be the server taking a hit. I suspect that Ruby on Rails doesn’t particularly help, either. But I wouldn’t garantee this to be 100% accurate.

Codecademy has never been particularly fast, but it does the job most of the time.

If YouTube at 4K works fine, it’s definitely not a problem on your end. Thus there’s nothing you can really do about this. Try clearing your browser’s cache, though, just to check.

Thanks! Hopefully there is a solution for this on CC’s end. It’s quite frustrating given I’m paying for “pro” every month.

I understand your frustration, but I must say it’s rarely like this. Unfortunate current events. Let’s hope it all gets better soon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.