Codecademy says its right but isnt giving right answer

hi everyone
im generally really confused about code since ive been studying it really on and off recently so please bear with me

i was working on the functions recap, which by the way i really dont understand - im sure its harder than the past parts?
so i mess around with it until it finally prints "Hi, I am Susie" or whatever. Codecademy doesnt like this and says:
"Oops, try again. It looks like you didn't print anything to the console! Did you remember to console.log() the result of passing your name to the nameString() function?"

It says this when i put the console.log inside the braces.
if I put it OUTSIDE the braces however, all that appears is text saying [function], which is obviously wrong, and yet codecademy is all like 'way to go!!! move on to your next lesson!"

so yeah can anyone explain this to me?

thanks very much!!!

Do you think you could post your code and the precise lesson you're on?

[Function] probably means that you're print the function name instead of "...the result of passing your name to the nameString() function". So better use console.log(nameString("arbitraryName")); instead. For the rest as @lolman already asked please post your code as otherwise all hints would be just guessing and even that is more difficult than it needs to be.

ok yep sorry not very used to the forum etiquette yet
its intro to junctions in JS, part 11. Functions recap

but soon after posting i must have changed something? not sure what and the message changed to "[Function] "Hi, I am Susie""

i did what you said about using console.log(nameString("arbitraryName")); SO now it works

before i had

var nameString = function (name) {
return "Hi, I am" + " " + name;

};
console.log(nameString)
nameString("Susie")

now the console log reads
console.log(nameString("Susie"))
and it works so!

thanks !