Codecademy --- Make a website course

Ok,

So I just completed the "Make A Website" Course and it says that I just made a website when I completed it ... how do I get it to appear on the internet with a URL like www.Badukly.com where I can edit and add stuff and functionalities to it ? Thanks alot ...

Gengyang

Hey @gengyang

You will need to copy your code into a text editor example sublime text and save the HTML file as index.html, save your CSS and link it together.

You can read here Codecademy has an article how to use Sublime Text.

To make it live you will need to buy a domain(website URL) and hosting :slight_smile:

Here's a video that will explain everything.

Thanks

Ok,

So using the "Make A Website" Unit 4: Building with Bootstrap --- Lesson : Building with Bootstrap --- "Learn to create a webpage quickly using the Twitter Bootstrap Library" section as an example ,

This section has 6 pages of code in total and when you complete this section, it says that you have made a website.

Guess I'll just take the very last page of code (7/8) , copy and paste the index.HTML code as index.HTML, then copy the main.css code and save it as CSS.html.

After that, how do I "link" the two files together ?

Sorry I'm really noob at this ... guess this will get more intuitive after I have spent a couple years creating websites

@gengyang

Don't save it with the .html extension for your CSS file! You should save it with .css extension so it recognize this file is for CSS

Go in your index.html file. We put link tag like you've learned (I think you learn this in HTML and CSS course) like this nested in the head tags:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css">

Don't save it with the .html extension for your CSS file! You should save it with .css extension so it recognize this file is for CSS ---- Got it , typing error on my part.

Go in your index.html file. We put link tag like you've learned (I think you learn this in HTML and CSS course) like this nested in the head tags:

--- Ok, will try later

@gengyang

By the way, this code will depend on how you saved your CSS file

The href attribute is leading to the CSS files like a tag. Be sure that your CSS file is named stylesheet.css and that it is found in the same folder as your index.html