Codecademy Helped Me Get a Job! :)

I started learning how to program six months ago, and had next to no programming experience before joining Codecademy Pro. I worked my way through about 75% of the Web Development course over four months.

Then, I had the opportunity to learn Python through a free five-week course with Stanford because of COVID-19. After the course, I did a quick 3-hour crash tutorial on YouTube learning Flask.

Yesterday, I started my first day as a Backend Software Engineer at a small startup in Silicon Valley. It’s possible! Thank you Codecademy, and especially the supportive community here.

31 Likes

Congratulations!! I just started 4 days ago so your post is definitely motivational!

5 Likes

That is pretty awesome, congratulations! I’ve personally just started and similar to yourself starting with little to no experience with the hope of pursuing a change in career somewhere down the line!

Best of luck to you and your new career!
P.s. Thanks for the motivational boost

4 Likes

@rpgbx that’s really Wonderful to hear. I’m currently studying Data Science Path and it’s been over 1 month and completed 50% of the Path. I’m also studying hard so i can make Codecademy and my Parents Proud. Thanx for sharing such great Story with us. May you achieve success in your Life.:innocent::raised_hands:

7 Likes

Wish you good luck for future endeavors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s Awesome… let’s us know it’s possible, thanks for sharing

2 Likes

I am looking to start again and hopefully get a new career at the end. I have coded a website years ago at school, and have dabbled in lua for a game I play. I also did the codecademy HTML course (free) a while ago and found it to have gaps. I am now considering going pro as there seems to be a lot more stuff there…