Codecademy Helped Me Get a Job! :)

I started learning how to program six months ago, and had next to no programming experience before joining Codecademy Pro. I worked my way through about 75% of the Web Development course over four months.

Then, I had the opportunity to learn Python through a free five-week course with Stanford because of COVID-19. After the course, I did a quick 3-hour crash tutorial on YouTube learning Flask.

Yesterday, I started my first day as a Backend Software Engineer at a small startup in Silicon Valley. It’s possible! Thank you Codecademy, and especially the supportive community here.

56 Likes

Congratulations!! I just started 4 days ago so your post is definitely motivational!

7 Likes

That is pretty awesome, congratulations! I’ve personally just started and similar to yourself starting with little to no experience with the hope of pursuing a change in career somewhere down the line!

Best of luck to you and your new career!
P.s. Thanks for the motivational boost

6 Likes

@rpgbx that’s really Wonderful to hear. I’m currently studying Data Science Path and it’s been over 1 month and completed 50% of the Path. I’m also studying hard so i can make Codecademy and my Parents Proud. Thanx for sharing such great Story with us. May you achieve success in your Life.:innocent::raised_hands:

12 Likes

Wish you good luck for future endeavors :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s Awesome… let’s us know it’s possible, thanks for sharing

3 Likes

I am looking to start again and hopefully get a new career at the end. I have coded a website years ago at school, and have dabbled in lua for a game I play. I also did the codecademy HTML course (free) a while ago and found it to have gaps. I am now considering going pro as there seems to be a lot more stuff there…

1 Like

Is front-end needed before becoming as backend engineer ?

Not necessarily. You may choose to do one or the other, or both.

Depends what it is you want to do.

2 Likes

i see , but full-stack or software engineer would be more on the top?

That’s definitely a great feat, and I encourage you to continue o your adventure in coding. It takes luck to have an opportunity, but how you follow up on that opportunity, is important like you did, which is great! Congratulations and wishing you the best of luck in the future! If you can, and do have the time, could you check out my posts in Careers,Journeys and Stories called, “Coding isn’t hard, it’s like Rocket Science” and “How Anthropology, Soccer, and Women matter to Coding”. As a pro coder, I could really your insight, and it would really be helpful.

Congratulations on your new job!

That’s amazing and motivating! I’ve started the front end engineer path and I’m 18% complete so far. I’ve excited to see what I can do after 75% completion. Congrats

Nice work, time for me to start testing my skills on Coding. Seeing things like these make me feel like I can set/complete tasks I don’t think I can do e.g. I have no experience now but I will soon.

Wow that’s great news. All the best