Codecademy Comunity + Web Development career path

Hi everyone!
I saw that Codecademy has a facebook group so I was wondering what do you think is better? The forum or the group or are they both equally good and helpful. By helpful I mean can you find a decent amount of useful info inside the group and is it all mainly serious dedicated learners exchanging info only about the courses and projects and coding related news, and helping each other solve issues they struggle with just like here on the forum.
And is it common that people look for coding collaborators to work on projects together with?
I was planning on joining the group as well hoping I could maybe work on projects with someone or like I said just get help when I’m stuck on something and maybe learn something I didn’t know before. I’m currently taking the Web Development career path and learning javascript at the moment. Does anyone have any experiences with the Web Development career path? Is it advanced enough and are you happy with how much you have learned or should I find some more literature to learn from besides that?
Thanks for the info in advance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well the big plus about the forums is that you can post code in their formatting. I would therefore pick the forums over Facebook on coding anytime.

If you merely want to make new coding friends and hook up for code sessions, by all means go for facebook :wink: .

I am currently following the web development path, it has loads of courses and it will take some time finishing but boy did I learn a lot so far! Well recommended, but take note, a pro membership will allow you to get the best out of it.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice! I thought the forums are better as well for that reason, since it’s easier to provide code examples here than an anywhere else, but code sessions would definitely be useful as well since that’s what we’ve been doing at these workshops I’ve been attending, practicing in a group and working on a project sure helps since we all learned something from each other. Currently I’m working on my own personal projects alone but I’ll think about that.
I did get a pro membership for the same reason. Before I had to use codecademy for a college class so thats how I found out about it, and back then I didnt have a pro membership, so now that I have it, I can tell there’s a huge difference.
I’ve also been checking some courses on Udemy, and then also some very pricey courses on Skillcrush, and they did seem interesting but I wasn’t sure if they’re worth the money, so I came back to Codecademy, and I definitely did not regret it :smiley:
Anyways, thanks again for the info and good luck with the courses!

1 Like