Codebit challenge

hey! I will do that!!!(Seriously I will)

1 Like

Should I use a poll for the codebit challenge answers?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I moved your poll to this topic. Whyā€™d you make a whole new one, when youā€™ve got a perfectly fine one here? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good idea. I had not thought of that.

1 Like

yeah, I closed the other one and put a link from there to here.

people say yes(or at least seven)!!!

Closing voting on February 15! :wink: (hint, hint) Which means that you should vote now!!!

Just a reminder that the poll closes in fourteen days.

1 Like

Please when you have an entry just post the link.

Just wanted to say so you have some warning the polls for the whole codebit contest will only be open one week.

Just my 2Ā¢, Iā€™d love to have us make challenges a thing again - random problems to chew on are a great way for learners to stay active and engaged, retaining what theyā€™ve learned.

Not that these are mutually exclusive, but I was personally thinking of challenges more along the lines of ā€œwrite a function that removes the vowels from the following sentenceā€ than a ā€œwhatā€™s the coolest thing you can make?ā€ Theyā€™d be the type of thing one could chew on and then solve in a couple of hours rather than a big undertaking like a massive project. We (I) can then promote this on social media, directing users here, and making it more of ā€œa thing.ā€ @kyleaw what do you think? I saw you post about this not too long ago. :slight_smile:

I agree with @mtf with the codebits idea - keeps things familiar and on-platform which may lend itself to higher levels of participationā€¦ ā€œsuperiorā€ though codepen may be.

7 Likes

Yeah I thought about those but deiced Iā€™ll just do this once a year and have small challenges in between.

Could be a particularly good thing to do for the summer when people tend to take their foot off the gas a bit.

2 Likes

yeah that is very true. Its just I got really excited about it and wanted to do it right away. Maybe next year the contest will be in the summer.

Thatā€™s not to say that this shouldnā€™t be done now or that we couldnā€™t have another one in the summer! Iā€™d say trying it now makes it easier to iterate upon for a summer version. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah but it probably would easier for some people in the summer (Iā€™m home schooled).

Iā€™ll do another one in the summer.

Okay, hereā€™s one that wll tax a few mindsā€¦

https://www.codecademy.com/mtf/codebits/8EJCaP

Have no idea where the image glitch came from but just ignore it. Iā€™ll try to track it down and fix it. The code is what we wish to be examining. Outside of codebits it runs fine in the browser:

1 Like

you made that with just HTML & CSS? Wow! really good @mtf.

Hey guys(and girls) just so you know I am also entering in the contest(even though I am going to lose horribly).