CodeAcademy generally not working, glitchy and frequent disconnects

Hello, im sal. I’ve come to code academy to try their Pro_ trial. I’ve begun the trial, and am pursuing the “Learn the Command line” course.

I often get the “Disconnected from CodeAcademy” notification, or sometimes it just doesnt connect at all. Also, sometime the site allows me to use the Pro_ features included in the trial, but sometimes they are completely absent and the site invites me to upgrade to pro if i want access to them. When I input commands into the bash terminal, it takes a long time for the server to respond, or if it does respond, often bring a full screen pop up asking my (very condescendingly) if I’m stuck and want a hint, when in reality im just exploring the file system before actually inputting the command required to complete the lesson. Sometimes I simply want to print the working directory before i begin navigating as instructed, but the system recognises that as me failing to input the correct command, and pops up the annoying notification again.

I don’t know if this is by design, of if these problems are accidental. But it is really annoying and inhibits the learning process.

Thanks you.

1 Like

Hi Sal, typically these sorts of things are rooted in firewall settings or things like ad blockers. Check this out for more info:

If you’re still having problems, contact our support team!