Code your own adventure Justin Bieber

Hi All,

I am getting an error "Oops did I forget to add an if statement?".

console.log ("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");

console.log ("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");

var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");

if (userAnswer === "yes") {
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
}

else {
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

Any help appreciated!

You're supposed to be adding to your already existing code, which means that there should be two if-statements in total. The other one is for checking age.

If you're lucky you can just copy your code, click reset and paste it back, but perhaps you need to start over with the first exercise in that section, shouldn't take very long though after having already figured it out once.

I commented out the previous if statement, prompts, etc because too much ran every time. Still, mine was okay. The error I came here for turned out to be just a missing ' in the last word.

My guess is this - It says to copy and paste the entire print exactly as is. Here you have three "prints" in total. One for each sentence. When perhaps, it wanted you to input the entire paragraph into on console.log()

I would try it for myself but am out of time. Good luck, nothing else seems to be off. codecademy can be really pedantic about these. Eg. with the ruby path, you can't even write in the notes/comments section "print" if they're looking for return in the code.