Code not running properly on Ruby Putting the Form in Formater section

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/ruby-beginner-en-MxXx5/0/4?curriculum_id=5059f8619189a5000201fbcb

I wrote my code as told but when I hit enter it did not run correctly. I was locked into the small black box where my code was running but when I tried to put in my name for the first part and hit enter there was no reaction. Is there something wrong with my code? Please help I am a bit lost. Thanks. :smile:

Replace this line with your code. 
print "What's your first name?"
first_name = gets.chomp
print "What's your first name?"
last_name = gets.chomp
print "What city are you from?"
city_name = gets.chomp
print "What state are you from?"
state_name = gets.chomp .upcase

In the black box (terminal), is the cursor flashing after: What's your first name?

Yes the cursor is flashing after the: 'What's your name?' section in the black box terminal.

And you've tried clicking in the black box and typing?

Yes I have tried to do that.

Do you have another web browser that you could test with?

No I don't I'm sorry

Could you post a screenshot of your whole web browser please?

I think this is what you wanted.

I'd like to see it when the problem is visible - with your code in the editor and the prompt stuck in the terminal, etc.

I ran the code again but this time came up with a different issue :confused:. I will show you

Ok it looks like I jumped the gun :grimacing:. I just had to change the variable to city instead of city_name. Thanks for the help and sorry for all the ruckus.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.