Code not being rendered

Can anyone tell me why does this code of mine is not being rendered.
Here are my HTML and CSS Codes.
Please tell me where I am wrong. It would be a great help.

div{
border-radius:5px;

#header{

height:40px;
        width:95%;
        background-color:black;

}

.left{

background-color:red;
    width:10%;
    height:400px;

}

.right{

width:88%;
    background-color:yellow;
    height:400px;

}

#footer{

height:40px;
        width:95%;
        background-color:blue;

}

href should also be stylesheet.css
you have style.css
Please let me know if you still have issues

Also it looks like you forgot to put your closing curly brace at the end of your div border-radius: 5px; }
remember always always close those tags whether it be in your .css or your html.

2 Likes

@mrjlopez, if you have a stylesheet called style.css the href should be href should be style.css, that the stylesheet is always called stylesheet.css on codecademy doesn’t mean you can have a different name outside of CC

@purushottaman, for the rest mrjlopez is right, you miss a closing curly bracket

Gotcha man when I try to trouble shoot the code in these projects I look for what may be the smallest perceived deviation. As you are well aware it is much easier to find errors in your own code. The simulations are quite particular about what a student enters I thought that this may have been one of those cases.

I know, it is hard to find someone else mistake, since you didn’t write the code the code. Anyway, i hope you see the fact that i correct your answers not as something bad, i hope you can learn from it.

Maybe you something didn’t know, but the screenshot of purushottaman tells me he is working in sublime text, which means he is outside of codecademy, and can name his stylesheet whatever he likes

You know when I first saw that screen shot I thought that it looked different