Code editor isn't working

Hey there,

I’m trying to follow through the Learn ReactJS course, but the Codecademy code editor doesn’t seem to be working (the problem is not specific to the ReactJS course). Here’s what I get in Chrome (exactly the same in Safari):

There’s a placeholder instead of the editor and I can’t type anything in of course. There’s an error in the console which seems to be the reason, but it doesn’t look like anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

UPD:
The problem seems to be in my Wi-Fi network settings, because it doesn’t work on any device when connected to my Wi-Fi network, but works perfectly on either LTE or another Wi-Fi network. But I have absolutely no idea as to how to fix it, other than change my router…(factory reset didn’t do the trick).

Hey @pashinsky,

Is it possible that Adblock Plus is blocking Codecademy from loading that URL?

1 Like

Hey @zystvan,

Thank you for your reply. That was my first guess too, but that’s not the case unfortunately.

The problem seems to be in my Wi-Fi network settings, because it doesn’t work on any device when connected to my Wi-Fi network, but works perfectly on either LTE or another Wi-Fi network. But I have absolutely no idea as to how to fix it, other than change my router…(factory reset didn’t do the trick).

@pashinsky Are you able to visit the URL directly?

I don’t see that URL show up at all when I load an exercise, so I’m not really sure what’s wrong here :confused:

1 Like