Code editor greyed out/not working

I’ve just started the sql course on codeacademy and I can’t seem to do anything at all. Or maybe I’m being ridiculously stupid and missing the obvious. What am I supposed to do? How do I write in the code editor???

6 Likes

Just to add to this before it is suggested. I’ve tried various different browsers without any luck

3 Likes

Nice question @quektis!

Currently in the corner the dot says it is still not connected by its still white. It hasn’t fully connected yet if I’m not mistaken.

If that dot is green, CodeCademy is connected to it. If white, its till connecting. If red, it doesn’t have connection.

I hope this helps =)

4 Likes

thanks, seems like I’m getting connection problems as it won’t work.

5 Likes

People have had connection problems before. Just wait till it goes red or green, and if it doesn’t do either, well, I’ve never had that happen before.

4 Likes

My editor is blank. Is this just me?

4 Likes

Try a page refresh and see if that helps wake things up.

5 Likes

That sounds worrying. Try resetting you internet connection and see if that does anything.
I see there is no connection.

I HATE IT WHEN THIS HAPPENS.

2 Likes

fa3db2f1f23df23a80f6bea5a4ec1e47b99c9268_1_690x388

3 Likes

Welcome to Codecademy, and thanks for trying to help. However, that has already been stated in here.

3 Likes

having same issue… it shows connected but can not use the editor, previous session, I was able to go back and rerun the exercise, now I can not even going back to the previous lesson.

4 Likes

There is an issue for everyone-please be patient, and it will hopefully get fixed soon.

3 Likes

Is there any possibility of a “trial period” reset, once this outage has been resolved?

My account is on its final day of the period, and I was making good use of the remaining time, when the interaction started to get buggy and, eventually, went down entirely.

4 Likes

Alyssa Vigil should be able to help you out with that question if she can. Please be patient.

@alyssavigil
Please check this out

3 Likes