Clarification on 'instances' and 'data types'

Is it correct to assume objects built into JS are operating behind the scenes whenever you attribute a primitive data type to a variable’s value? And, if this stuff exists, it enables your code to identify something as a certain data type and claim that it is an instance of a certain data type?

Hi,

So the when a type is assigned to a variable, under the hood there are instructions to allocate memory of x size, particularly the size that the type requires.
Memory Management
Data structures

Javascript has a duck-typing mind-set to evaluation, meaning it will make it’s best guess depending on operation and type. It’s usually best to be very careful in managing types (maybe why TypeScript is popular).

For example, if I my code has "11" > 4, what exactly happened here? Did I forget to type-cast one of the values? This evaluates to true… but "11" > "4" is false… (probably ascii ordering or lexicographical ordering, not sure which). This kind of ambiguity is not good even if the interpreter can make a guess at what’s happening. So in the code you might make some comment (where it’s not obvious, i.e., particularly to other people interacting with your code) to make clear that both inputs to the function/method have to be of a certain type.