Chrome dev tool

Hi, I have difficulty to use the chrome dev tool. I watched the video and followed the steps and when I choose an element and try to change the CSS of it in the Style panel I cant change the CSS. The button I selected comes up in css and the selector and its declarations but I have no option to change the background colour of it. I was trying to play around with it but it doesnt come up for me. I figured out how to add a new CSS rule but I cannot change an existing one. I was even trying to look up in chrome dev tools help to see how to do it, but that article seems to be outdated because I have different interface and cant find what they are showing in the article.

Did anyone had the same problem? I am not sure what to do. Am I going to need this later on?

Here is the link to the video lesson:

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/front-end-engineer-career-path/tracks/fecp-web-development-fundamentals/modules/fecp-developing-with-css/videos/intro-to-chrome-devtools

Thank you!

1 Like

If you double click on the rule, you should be able to change the values.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.