Change the Username

Please change my username to Codely.

Users can change their profile names within their Codecademy profiles under “Basic Information.”

1 Like

Can you please give me a shot where it is?

We do not have that capability. Only users can change their profile names as I mentioned above.

1 Like

Where is it located?
I know this is using discourse, i have been using this, there will be no options for changing the username. only Moderator can change it.

1 Like

Codecademy uses SSO (single sign-on), so you change your username here:

https://www.codecademy.com/account

on the main website. Then your username on the forum should change as well (this might require logging out and logging in again)

4 Likes

And, just to add unnecessary complexity, I believe there’s a time-window in which this must be completed, or else the username is locked forever. Sigh. Looks like you’re well within that time frame, though, @course7060371986 so please let me know if you need more help and I’ll tag in a customer support rep from our team at HQ! Thanks a ton @lisalisaj and @stetim94.

1 Like

Just for my own personal curiosity (If you don’t mind), why would there such behavior/feature/qurik? What is the gain/advantage of restricting the tine-window in which the username can be changed?

3 Likes