Code Challenge, September 28, 2020
Every month, we feature a new challenge related to the Monthly Feature’s theme. For this month’s theme, Building Your Portfolio, the challenge is:
Build a static portfolio site for yourself or someone else
- You must include an ‘About’ and ‘Contact’ section. ‘Work’ or ‘Project’ section is optional.
- You must include images, colors, and fonts
- Originality and readability of your code (make it your own and use style conventions and comments to keep things legible).
- Learn HTML (course)
- Learn CSS (course)
- How to make a website (course)
- Guide: How to Build a Web Dev Portfolio
- Inspiration: One page portfolio websites
- A simple website style guide
- Make it mobile friendly (site looks great on different screen sizes)
- Accessibility conscious (https://support.google.com/sites/answer/7529116?hl=en and https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/accessibility for info)
- Performance and SEO (try to score higher here: https://web.dev/measure/)
Once you’re done…
Share it in a post below. Take a screenshot of your finished project in a browser and include a link to your GitHub gist or Repl.it link so we can see your code.