Certifications through Codecademy

I am curious about certifications. does Codecademy provide certifications for the courses they offer? are they recognized among employers such as Amazon and Google? and if not, Could someone enlighten me on exactly how to get these certifications? I have every desire to continue learning with Codecademy, but I am trying to get into this field in the workforce and I was informed I need certifications.

As far as I know, the certificates are not recognised by employers, as all you have to do is complete the course, and you get a certificate; there’s no exam or the like. As well as certifications, a good thing to show employers is projects; the more projects you create, the more you can “show off” your programming skills.

1 Like

Im new to web development also and I always wondered this question too. Thanks for enlightening me with this question. Glad to know. @codeneutrino

1 Like

Thank you. This validates what I read in other posts on using projects to show your work, I will have to put that on hold until I get to where I want to be knowledge wise. for backend, are there any particular sources where I can take exams for some useful certs that you know of?

1 Like

I think the likes of Coursera, Udemy, Udacity (just to name a few) do recognisable certification programs and courses. Although as far as I know for all of them you have to set up your own environment-there isn’t an IDE like CC has.

@codeneutrino, thank you. Ill probably check those out once Ive gone through all the lessons here.

1 Like