Catch 22 Error in Loops & Iterators: Next!

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/ruby-beginner-en-XYcN1/2/2?curriculum_id=5059f8619189a5000201fbcb

I'm stuck in the first Loop lesson. If I use the next command, the lesson will want me to put in all numbers from 18 to 0, and if I don't use it, the lesson asks me to use the next command to get rid of odd numbers

#Error: "The loop doesn't put the numbers 0 through 18
num = 19
   loop do
   num-=1
        next if num % 2 != 0
   puts num
break if num < 1
end
# error: Make sure to use the 'next' keyword to skip over the odd numbers in
num = 19
   loop do
   num-=1
   puts num
break if num < 1
end

Have any of you had similar problems, and if so, were you able to resolve them?

What output is being printed to the screen? Is it all on one line with no whitespace? Are you printing 0 (it too is even)?

It will either print a string from 0 to 18, or it will print all of the even numbers. I go from zero because that is the way that most counters operate on computers, and I will receive the same error "It looks like your loop doesn't print out the numbers 18 to 0". I believe this is merely a bug, and I will have to report it if I can't solve this bizarre error loop.

Not a bug. A clue. Satisfy this condition in a single expression with no whitespace.

Huh, looks like my code had the bug! It looks like it somehow didn't put in a 0 at the end. Whoops! Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.