[Career Talk] Ask your questions here!

Hi Community!

Every other Friday, we host a conversation about careers with code - ask any career-focused question you’d like!

We’ve got a dozen members of the Codecademy staff here on Fridays to participate in the discussion also, to help answer any questions you may have. Simply log in and make a new topic with [Career Talk] in the title, or reply to this thread and we’ll turn your question into its own topic for you. :slight_smile:

https://codecademy-discourse.s3.amazonaws.com/original/5X/1/3/b/d/13bd21a93622468004786790e9159439012749d5.gif

We’ll keep your question topic linked below, and we’ll reply to it in its own thread. We’ve got Codecademy staff members from multiple teams here, including engineering, design, marketing, curriculum, people, and more! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

Featured posts so far:

Jane had some questions about the importance of going “full stack” and how to get a job in web design: read full thread

Milos wanted to know what languages he should learn to get a job and if having a degree was truly necessary: read full thread.

Dan Layfield on our business development team has experience with change management and answered this question.

Answers in progress:

If you want to know more about how things work in the forums (like how to find a topic!), read our quick forums guide here, and always make sure to abide by our community guidelines!

1 Like

Hello Codecademy, I would like to know when Pyhton course is going to be updated, thanks.

Hiya Codecademy,

I am learning the fundamentals of Front End web development, so far I have completed the HTML and CSS track on the site. Currently, I’m doing the Javascript course and I’m really enjoying it.

I have several years of 1st/2nd line IT support experience so am generally quite comfortable in the industry.
In IT support, there are industry certifications, such as CCNA for Networks, MCSE (or some other variation) for Systems/Infrastructure. Plus the ITIL framework is being asked for increasingly…

Though I’m not anywhere near being ready, I was wondering what the process would be like eventually as a self taught developer looking for a job. Would having some sort of industry certification be useful?

Thank you