Career hunting/seeking

Hi, I’m Noah (or as my friends know me as Alpha) and I have just started with code. It seems like a lot of work to do for my career and I hope that Coding can help me get to be able to have my job. I always have wanted to be a programmer but I really think that coding can help me get a heap more than what I expect. I am checking all these courses and most of them that I am interested are for Pro, does anyone have a suggestion on what courses I should do? I’m only a beginner but I am trying to be pretty experienced.

Other forum members can definitely add to my response, but here are my recommendations.

Firstly, figure out what you enjoy and want to do. Web development? HTML, CSS, and JavaScript are good to start off with. Computer science? Maybe Python, Java. Data science? Python and SQL are good jumping-off points.

Free courses (not PRO):

• HTML
  • CSS
  • Python 2 (Note that Python 3 is the latest version and is/will be the version most commonly used.)
  • JavaScript
  • and more…

PRO Courses (even though HTML, CSS, and JS are free, if you want to try your hand at web development, I recommend you learn them):

• Code Foundations Career Path (If you get PRO, I definitely recommend taking this course just to get your feet wet. This path also includes units on computer science, web development, and data science, so it may help if you’re indecisive on what you want to do.)
  • Any of the career paths.
  • Python 3
  • and more…

You can find the full catalogue here. Though I’m not sure how accurate it is, Codecademy also has a questionnaire that could point you in the right direction.

2 Likes