Capstone Project: Netflix Data

Please review my presentation and Jupyter Notebook. Feel free to let me know whether you agree with my findings or not. Also, please share with me any tips on how I could have done this more efficiently.

Powerpoint Presenation

Project Jupyter Notebook

Thanks for your feedback.

Congrats on completing the project!

A few notes-

• Your notebook tells a clear story about your findings & you understand how to navigate a dataset & use python libraries.

• You could change the fig size on the Netflix plots, fig, ax = plt.subplots(figsize=(10,8)) or something like that. Alternatively, you can change the default rcparams too. See here.

Ex for a single plot: plt.rcParams['figure.dpi'] = 100

• The slides are clean and easy to read. (One doesn’t want too much info on a slide b/c the audience will be overwhelmed and won’t know the key bits of info for each slide).

• One thing you could do is increase the font sizes on the plots so they’re easier to read on the slides. I think the default font size on plots is 10 so, you could increase it if you like.
    See here or here.

• Another minor suggestion about uploading presentations to GH. Rather than upload a powerpoint or google slides presentation, save it locally as a pdf file, then upload it to GH. Sometimes not everyone wants to download something from GH or has Powerpoint.

Good work! :partying_face:

1 Like

Thanks, lisalisaj. As usual, you offered valuable insight. I appreciate you taking the time to review my project.

I tried introducing the offered solution of using ‘ax = plt.subplots(figsize=(10,8))’ on my plots. When I did I got the following error:

AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
C:\Users\JANTHO~1\AppData\Local\Temp/ipykernel_51580/4275613943.py in
3 #ax1 = plt.subplot(1, 2, 1)
4 plt.plot(netflix_stocks[‘Date’],netflix_stocks[‘Price’])
----> 5 ax1.set_title(‘Netflix’)
6 ax1.set_xlabel(‘2017’)
7 ax1.set_ylabel(‘Stock Price’)

AttributeError: ‘tuple’ object has no attribute ‘set_title’

The code that generated that was:

ax1 = plt.subplots(nrows=1, ncols=2, figsize=(10,8))
#ax1 = plt.subplot(1, 2, 1)
plt.plot(netflix_stocks[‘Date’],netflix_stocks[‘Price’])
ax1.set_title(‘Netflix’)
ax1.set_xlabel(‘2017’)
ax1.set_ylabel(‘Stock Price’)

I could not resolve that.

My future projects will be delivered as slide decks in PDF format.

Thank you again. I look forward to your comments on the upcoming projects I have, if you have time.