Capstone Project: Biodiversity in National Park - Feedback is very welcome

Hi guys,
Could you please review my project and give your feedback?
Thanks in advance!

Presentation:

Code:

Hi Elena!
I did this same project a couple years ago. :slight_smile:
Did you upload your Jupyter (or Colab) notebook to your GitHub account by any chance?

The presentation is a clear and thorough explanation of what you’re trying to accomplish. Good job! (I, too, am a minimalist when it comes to creating slides/picking colors.)

One of the things I’ve been trying to get better at is ‘less is more’ when it comes to creating presentations (I’m still learning & not quite there yet). In that, I mean, if you were going to present this, you would probably just have your visualizations and charts and omit the descriptions on the slides and rather use the descriptions as your notes for the presentation (use brief bullet points and expand on them during your presentation). A former mentor had told me that if a slide is ‘too wordy’, your audience won’t know where to look. So, it’s important to know your audience (for instance, if they’re executives they might not be interested in the calculations used to get the findings). You can always use appendices for further explanations too. You want to engage people with visualizations and then talk about their significance in your presentation. I hope that makes sense(?)

Part of being a data analyst or data scientist is also knowing about visualizations and presenting our findings. Besides using matplotlib, Seaborn (which is based on matplotlib) is also neat for visualizations. Like I said, I’m still working on that and am more interested in statistical significance testing in python. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Lisa!
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback and recommendations. I completely agree with you that it’s better not to overload slides with too much information (still not always managing to do so, though :smiley: ) Good idea about back-up slides and notes . I am quite a ‘newborn’ data scientist, so thanks a lot once again for your advice and support! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: