Can't make create-react-app, Jamming project

Hey guys,

I am following along the Jamming project video, and I am having trouble creating a react app using my terminal this time. Here is the link to the project:

https://www.codecademy.com/paths/full-stack-engineer-career-path/tracks/fscp-react-part-ii/modules/fecp-challenge-project-jammming/projects/jammming-prj

I had no trouble before using ‘create-react-app …’ when I was following along in another React tutorial. In that one we merely created the app in the root directory so we could just quickly open it to check out the features. But now I wish to do this Jamming project in my ‘…/Projects/jamming’ directory, and I have issues with the ‘npx create-react-app jamming’ command or their npm or yarn variants.

The terminal tells me that I am running create-react-app 4.0.3 which is behind the 5.0.0 release. When I use either ‘… -g uninstall create-react-app’ methods I get “up to date, audited in 900ms, found 0 vulnerabilities.” And when I use ‘yarn global remove create-react-app’ I get “yarn: command not found.” Trying to create the app afterwards still give me issues. The documentation in the link provided by the terminal doesn’t offer more solutions.

I then thought if I manually deleted the files created when I made the first app it might solve it, but it did not. It seems only the .json files were removed. The ‘node_modules’, ‘src’, and ‘public’ folders can’t seem to be removed.

I am operating on a Chromebook, if that helps. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue and the solution for this was:

npx clear-npx-cache

After that create-react-app should work.

I found it here on stackoverflow if you wanna read about it

1 Like

Thanks bombic, this helped!