Can't get through Censor Dispenser

Hi coders, I am currently struggling with Censor Dispenser challenge of python. I did quite a bit research but I am not able to crack this problem.

# These are the emails you will be censoring. The open() function is opening the text file that the emails are contained in and the .read() method is allowing us to save their contexts to the following variables:
email_one = open("email_one.txt", "r").read()
email_two = open("email_two.txt", "r").read()
email_three = open("email_three.txt", "r").read()
email_four = open("email_four.txt", "r").read()

proprietary_terms = ["she", "personality matrix", "sense of self", "self-preservation", "learning algorithm", "her",
                     "herself"]

def censor(email, word):
    list_to_string = ""
    hashes = "#" * len(word)
    email_censor = email.replace(word, hashes)
    return email_censor

email_split = email_two.split()

list_to_string1 = ""
def email_advance(mail, words):
    global list_to_string1
    edit_email = ['']
    edit_email[0] = email_split
    for i in edit_email[0]:
        for b in words:
            list_to_string = " ".join([str(i) for i in edit_email[0]])
            if i in b:
                hashes = "#" * len(i)
                list_to_string1 = list_to_string.replace(i, hashes)
            edit_email[0] = list_to_string1.split()
        else:
            break

return edit_email[0]

print(email_advance(email_two, proprietary_terms))

This is what I have done till now.
I will be really helpful if any of the coders out there can help to get me through it.
Thanks In Advance and Have a nice day.
My Progress With This Challange.

Hello @css2770234347, welcome to the forums! Could you please describe what you’re trying to do? Also, it helps if you describe your thinking, as that can often help you find out some flaw in your logic, or to come up with a different idea.

Yes, sure @codeneutrino . I am trying to solve a project in which I was an given email and group of words and I have to to sensor that particular words from that email. And You can refer to this project from here.Challange
I have solved it’s first part and now I am trying to solve it’s second part.

What have you tried so far when trying to complete this task? Have you broken it down into smaller steps? Are you able to locate specific words in the text? If you had to replace a single word from a string of words how would you go about it?