Cant get this to work-pyglation

i thought i had everything down in the instructions that they gave but i guess not. maybe i need to add an elif statement somewhere but im not sure how to get when they put in the raw input to print.

if there are anyone here that can tell me what im ding wrong and all the things im doing wrong so i can move on

print 'Welcome to the Pig Latin Translator!'

# Start coding here!
original = raw_input("ENTER A WORD")
if len(original) > 0:
    print "original"
else:
        print "Empty"

you should print the variable original, this variable contains the string the user entered

original =
userword = raw_input("ENTER A WORD")
if len(original) > 0:

print "userword"

else:
print "Empty"

'''not sure what to make the variable original but i read your comment a few times and decided to change the raw input variable to userword'''
¯_(ツ)_/¯

only at 23% of the course and had to make a thread. i suspect it gets harder and harder :confused:

I think he was saying that you are printing a string with the word original in it in your first code, but you really need to print the variable original. Your first code was better, you just needed to remove the quotes around original because you want to print the users input, not the word "original".

Making a thread is nothing to be ashamed of! So many people want to help. If you're willing to learn and listen to people's correction, then it's fine to post about what you're having trouble with. The course does get harder, but you also get better. :slight_smile:

:faceplam:

i ■■■■, so i did have most of it right, just the quotes around the word original. i switched back to the first set of code and then deleted the quotes around the word and it worked.

thanks for your help kyleaw & stetim94

im moving on to Check Yourself... Some More. :slight_smile:

No problem! I hope you breeze through this!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.