Cannot Open the Orion Constellation Project

Hi,
I am on the final step of setting up the Off Platform Project: Constellations.

This is the directions page: https://www.codecademy.com/paths/analyze-data-with-python/tracks/ida-5-data-visualization-matplotlib/modules/ida-5-1-introduction-to-matplotlib/informationals/ida-constellations

At the bottom, in the Completing the Project section, I followed the steps of downloading the Orion Constellation project, then opening Jupyter Notebook in the browser, then going to the folder containing the orion constellation. See: http://localhost:8888/tree/Downloads/orion-constellation

The next step says: " 4. Click on constellation.ipynb in the browser tab. This will open up your Jupyter Notebook. "

When I click on constellation.ipynb, it opens a new window, then I get the following message:
ERROR LOADING NETWORK
Unreadable Notebook: /Users/myname/Downloads/orion-constellation/constellation.ipynb
NotJSONError('Notebook does not appear to be JSON: ‘{\n “cells”: [\n {\n “cell_type”: "m…’)

Please advise, thanks!

Hello, and welcome to the forums @board5218463968 :slightly_smiling_face:!

Check out the Troubleshooting Guide to make sure everything is good.

If none is that works, see here or here and then click the “Contact Us” button for the second link.

I hope this helps =)

3 Likes

Just open the terminal and go to the location of the folder. Then type jupyter notebook and press enter. This will open up the constellation.ipynb in your browser.

If you are unable to open one of the solution (ipynb) files, posted by CodeAcademy, after downloading it …

• open Terminal on your Mac.

• cd to path where the file lives (example: cd Downloads. Then use ls (list command) to show the files.

• Once you are in the directory where the ipynb file lives, type “jupyter-notebook” in the Terminal shell ( minus the double quotes.)

This will open Jupyter in your navigator and show all the files in that directory. Your .ipynb file should be in the list. Just click on it.