Cannot complete the comments task for introduction for ruby

So i am write this code in the last task of the introduction to ruby section

nil

=begin
so let me write this for the sake of writing this on that note i must say i like supligen
yes i like alot of things
=end

i get this error
"Oops, try again. It looks like you didn't include =begin. Make sure there's no space between the equals sign and the word begin!"

So ya I kind of already did that as far as I can see so I cannot see why this error, is there some other mistake I am making or is this task faulty. Give me some feedback on this please.

Is "nil" part of your code?

If so, try getting rid of it.

yes it is the part where I place a single line comment, the rest (starting at =begin) is a multi-line comment
I am suppose to do both a single line and multi-line comment to advance
i tried a different word for the single line comment but I still get the error.

I tried this code and it passed the exercise:

#nil
=begin
so let me write this for the sake of writing this on that note i must say i like supligen
yes i like alot of things
=end

If it doesn't pass on your side it probably means there's something wrong with your browser or how the page was loaded. Try refreshing the page and deleting the cache of your browser;

Thanks that advice helped.

What exactly was the problem? How did you solve it?

Cleared history and cache of my browser, closed it, restarted it back.
Logged back in and typed over the code, it worked.
Not really sure what was the problem, but at least it was fixed when I logged back in.

It didn't make much sense to me when it was giving me the error back then cause I knew I was typing it right there was space between the = and begin retyped it so many different ways and wording and I still got the error, I do not know at this point, what caused that.

I am having this same issue. I have tried clearing my browser history and have written #nil as described above. Nothing works. Can someone please help me?

I have written
# this is a single-line comment

=begin
this is a multiline comment
this is a multiline comment
=end

and I get nil in the consol with a notice: "Oops, try again. It looks like you didn't include =begin. Make sure there's no space between the equals sign and the word begin!"

I've just had the same problem, and finally realised i had a space AFTER =begin on the same line, as soon as I got rid of it it works. Looks like you had the same thing (obviously way too late for you but just in case someone else is stuck on the same thing)

Did you resolve this? I'm having the exact same problem and nothing is working!

After at least 30 minutes of frustration, you nailed it caitlinpb! It was precisely what you indicated the problem was. Meaning, I had a space after =begin. Thank you so much :slight_smile: