Can you get a job with the full-stack software engineer course certificate?

Do businesses care about your certificates or do they care more about experience

:wave: Welcome to the forums!

A fellow learner just asked this same question in the Facebook group not too long ago, so I thought I’d share what others had to say:

Alex B. had this to say on the subject: “I do believe the answer could be yes, if you make sure you’re really absorbing the lessons and putting enough effort into your portfolio projects. The full stack path aims to be a kind of one-stop shop for making you job ready and while I haven’t completed it yet, based on info from devs I know and the content there-in it seems to succeed in that. However, getting a job obviously falls to you. The path introduces you to the necessary skills, it’s up to you to refine them and use them for gainful employment.”

Tariq chimed in with his thoughts: “The most important thing is to apply the knowledge you got … you can get a job even if u learn from youtube but it’s up to you after all … i believe that the best way to master a skill is to practice so I recommend that during the course try to build some projects try to apply what u have learned … i dunno but i find it hard to get a job with the full stack course alone … enjoy the process be patient and good luck”

Nomen offered his own perspective: " No journey are ever the same. It’s all up to you. Some hired after a couple of months, some hired after completing the course some still struggling to secure a job.

That being said, completing the full stack definitely open up opportunity and door. If you learn properly and practice what you learned."

A lot of learners pointed out that while the certificate is certainly helpful, it’s best to back it up with lots of projects that showcase your skills.

There’s some great discussion on that thread, so if you’re not already a part of the Facebook group, I encourage you to check it out at some point.

In the meantime, welcome again, good luck with the coursework, and I hope you’ll share your progress with us here in the community! :grin:

2 Likes