Can someone check my math

Hi. I’m confused. I am considering doing the data science path. I am wondering, if I do this, how does that stack up against doing all the python courses and the 3 SQL courses. There are a whole bunch of Python courses but not a lot of SQL courses. If I do the path, what am I missing out on from the courses. If I do the courses instead, what am I missing out on from the path. How much work is the path compared to a single course? The courses give me an estimate on a number of hours; why don’t the paths do that? Furthermore, when I look at the Python courses, I see “Learn Python 2” and “Learn Python 3” but not “Learn Python” or “Learn Python 1”. What’s up with that? I really want to ask someone at Codeacademy about this. Can I call someone at Codeacademy?

Also, is 5+5 11?

No. Two odd numbers always add up to an even number.

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]     5
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]   + 5
 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2  => 10

Thanks! I get it now!

Hello! first, 5+5 doesn’t equal 11!
5+5=10
Python 1 is really old and that is probably why CodeCademy doesn’t have it. Python currently on its latest edition is 3.7.1!

I hope this helps =)

First of all, Codecademy used Python 2, and helped you learn from that, but the latest update of Python is 3.7.1, as @trevorhodges said.

And yes, 5 + 5 is 10, as an odd number added to another odd number results in an even number, as @mtf stated. 7 + 7 = 14, 9 + 9 = 18, 11 + 11 = 22, 13– well I think you get it now :laughing:

Also here’s some really useful code:

for i in range(0, 100):
    print(str(i) + “2” + i * 2)

Replace the weird quotes with the other ones, and run this in the Python IDLE, it’ll give you an idea of how even and odd numbers work :smile: