Can somebody explain each step of this code and what it is doing?

For a college assignment, I have been tasked with creating an interactive website with the use of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. For the JS part, I must create an interactive slideshow which, when a user clicks certain navigation arrows, allows them to cycle through the images. After doing so, I must explain the procedure of the JS and how it produces the final result. If someone could take a look at the code and explain carefully what is going on it will really help me out.

Thanks.

isn’t it cheating if we explain this? Be aware that your teacher might be able to find this

<the first two lines of the script are simply, they are to make sure a image is displayed at the start. >

<when a button is clicked, the plusDivs1 gets called, which gets the current index, increases the index and calls showDivs to make the next image in the slide show shown and hide the current one>

Why not take the following Codecademy course?

https://www.codecademy.com/skills/make-an-interactive-website

The course is suitable for beginners and will only take a few hours for you to go through. It includes all the information you need to build an interactive slideshow, and you’ll be in a much better position to explain the code to someone.

Of course not. All this is is researching the coding procedure online.

what of it do you already understand?