Calculating Population Change Over Time with R Q10

Please can someone explain to me how to do Q10 (of 10) from the Introduction to R Course, Calculating Population Change Over Time with R.

I just don’t understand what it is asking me to do. What’s a results call, how do I do that? Basically, what is the answer, the code. It’s driving me mad.

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-r/projects/population-project-r

You must select a tag to post in this category. Please find the tag relating to the section of the course you are on

When you ask a question, don’t forget to include a link to the exercise or project you’re dealing with!

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

call the function to print a summary.

What’s a results call, how do I do that?

A call or invocation of a function is simply when you use the function.

If i have a function foo() that can just be done with

foo()

for example the print() function is often called and it doesn’t return anything, instead it writes to the output.

If foo() returns something in it’s definition, that return can be assigned to a variable

result <- foo()

So they’re asking you to call calculate_annual_growth() and pass in 5 arguments (that go in-between the parenthesis) and print that.

So the code might look like

print(calculate_annual_growth(x,y,z,v,w)

where x, y, z, v, w are the corresponding arguments you put in (it’s in the description)

1 Like