Business Outfitted Bob - Bob not showing

Hello. I’m doing the project Business Outfitted Bob with Phaser.js. I’m on step 10, but there is a big problem “bob” isn’t showing. The area where bobs sprite shows is pure white. There is nothing showing. Ive logged out , cleared my cache and cookies but its still not showing anything. Please help. ps(i just put bug-invaders because Business Outfitted Bob is not showing up as a project)

1 Like

It will be hard to help without knowing a few more details. Could you provide a link to the lesson, maybe copy and paste your code here? or a screenshot of the problem?

Link:
https://www.codecademy.com/paths/create-video-games-with-phaser/tracks/game-dev-learn-javascript-basics/modules/game-dev-project-variables-and-conditionals/projects/business-outfitted-bob
Image:

As you can see the white square to the right is completely blank.

ok. I dont know what i did wrong, i followed the steps in order and everything yet it did this. I decide to restart the project and he reappeared to the side. Idk what i did wrong but I’m just glad its working now.

ok never mind. Whenever i add the code to move him the the arrows he disperses.
const rightArrow = cursors.right.isDown;

const leftArrow = cursors.left.isDown;

const upArrow = cursors.up.isDown:

const downArrow = cursors.down.isDown:

2 Likes

@pup505, have you figured it out? I’m dealing with the same problem.

2 Likes

And me too :frowning:

same exactly- oof why is NoBoDy HeLpInG

I, too, am having the exact same problem. I actually completed all the steps in the project before starting it and all I am getting is a grey box. Most of this project is just setting the score and the cursor controls. I did them correctly, as I’ve seen from others, but there is absolutely nothing on the game screen. I’ll have to continue the course. I’ve had experiences with codecademy projects not working correctly even if the code is 100% correct.

1 Like

Ok it works now. It’s funny. I looked at the solution code and it wasn’t really different. Maybe it was a syntax error? If so I’ll pay more attention next time.

I’m having this same problem when entering this code and I can’t figure out why.
Anyone figure it?

Have you checked to make sure your equal signs in your IF statements are comparative operators and are not reassigning values to your arrow variables? So ‘==’ instead of ‘=’. I had the same issue but realised it was just because of that, its usually a silly syntax error :sweat_smile:

Yes, I’m also getting the gray box. As soon as I started the lesson, before making any changes to the code myself, I also got a gray box. Maybe a problem on CodeAcademy’s end

if (variable <== 15 || >== 75) { // won’t work

if (variable <== 15 || variable >== 75) { // will work

solution:

if (bobXCoord <= 32 || bobXCoord >= 448) {

this.endGame();

}

if (bobYCoord <= 32 || bobYCoord >= 568) {

this.endGame();

}