Building a website:3 error

It kept telling me to put my name in the body with h1 but it goes in the head not the body

this is a problem with the whole lesson, essentially its taking me 3x longer because I wanted to do as I was told and put everything in the body not the head where it actually did something

Build your own webpage part 3? I see no problem with it. The header must go inside the body the instructions say that. You might be confused that they are called headers but that is not related to the head tag. It is a completely different thing.

Yeah I did it in the body as it said but it didnt work until I did it in the head not the body as I was told

Could you show me your code?

Yeah except I dont know how to add pics to a forum DX

Anyways it said I needed my h1 tags in between my body tags and it was, its not rocket science. But then it worked when I put it in the head so something is wrong about it either way

You can just copy and paste.

except this is the html forum, it won't show.

take the following steps to ensure your code visible:

select your code and press ctrl + k (or cmd + k if you use a mac)

if this instructions are unclear, you can also insert 3 backticks before and after your code, like so:

```
<p>visible</p>
```

the backtick is located above the tab key on your keyboard

First off correct me if I'm wrong (and I am wrong most of the time) but that is correct. It says body so when I put it in the header that was wrong too so as I said

your h1 closing tag is uppercase, it should be lowercase

Not sure if capitals make a difference in html. But you have does that make a difference?

yeah thats how I had it to begin with thats what confused me the most

@bruce_wiseman yes, a <h1> doesn't match a </H1> . html is case-sensative

@lost_eden666, issue resolved? your title is also missing its closing tag, and the title tag should be between the head tags

Hi @lost_eden666,

Like @stetim94 said, your <h1> and </h1> need to match. Also, <title> belongs in the <head>, and you're missing a closing </title> :)