Build Your Own Webpage Disappearing Text Error

<PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE TO HELP YOU CREATE A GREAT POST!>

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are stuck at.>
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-LceTK/0/5?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

<In what way does your code behave incorrectly? Include ALL error messages.>
The code that I had entered starting from BYOW #2 is gone. I’ve tried opening in Firefox and Chrome, but it doesn’t show as having any code in it besides my frame.

I’ve noticed that I have to refresh several times to submit work, this is what I was doing when I put in the imgur image since the button wouldn’t load for me to submit. When I refreshed the page, the code was gone from BYOW #5 AND from 2, 3 and 4. But it still shows as completed work.

```
<html>
    <head>
        <title>
            Serena Saur | Web Developer (Intern Level)
        </title>
    </head>
    <body>

</body>
</html>

but it should be:

<html>
    <head>
        <title>
            Serena Saur | Web Developer (Intern Level)
        </title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <p>
            I'm an aspiring web developer from Tampa, FL. I have 3 roommates and 2 cats, Puddy and Rengar.
        </p>
        <p>
            I'm currently learning HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Ruby, Rails, Git, and the command line.
        </p>
        <p>
            In my free time, I play FFXIV: Heavensward, and sometimes play Tales of Zestiria when I'm not level grinding. I tried playing Destiny, but that was a fiasco -- I couldn't shoot at all, and my thumb swelled like a sausage from running with L3.
        </p>
    </body>
</html>
<do not remove the three backticks above>

And I forgot the < H1 > tag that should have my name under < body >

Lesson two was setting up the structure of an HTML document …

Could you explain your problem again thanks

1 Like

This is in Build Your Own Webpage. Starting from Lesson 2 in Build Your Own Webpage, the entered code disappears. The first code snippet is what appears on the page. The second is (approximately) what it SHOULD have looked like when I got to #5, which is A Picture’s Worth A Thousand Words (adding img tag to your webpage). I’m using Chrome as my default, but I tried pulling it up in Firefox and got the same result – no added code, just the tags and title.

I do have to refresh the page several times before I can submit my entered code – it just shows a cog where the Save and Submit button is otherwise. But when I did that, that’s when the code disappeared. And not just on #5, but on #2-4 as well.

I’m not sure about this, my lesson doesn’t have this problem …

Can one of the @CodecademyModerators reply please