Build Never Works

(Idk if it matters but I’m taking the C# course.)

So, on the course when I do the instructions they say I got it right, but most of the time the build doesn’t work.

This is what it said for the If Else Statements part. (All instructions completed):

Program.cs(12,33): error CS1002: ; expected [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-selection-statements-if-else-statements/workspace.csproj]
Program.cs(15,39): error CS1002: ; expected [/home/ccuser/workspace/csharp-selection-statements-if-else-statements/workspace.csproj]

The build failed. Please fix the build errors and run again.

1 Like

Hi @halfcount - welcome to the forums.

Generally, the more information you can provide when you’re stuck then the easier it is for us to help you. That includes the language you’re using, whether it’s a CC lesson you’re stuck on or a personal project and so on…

The errors would suggest that you’ve got a few missing semi-colons. We can’t be sure, though, because we don’t have all the information.

Can you please provide us with your code, taking care to use the code formatting option on the forum, shown in the image below.

capture
The forum will insert a “code block” into your post, like this:
capture_r

Just copy and paste your code directly from the editor into the post, where the line “type or paste code here” is. When you post it, the forum will keep all the formatting so we can just copy and run your code.

Also, a link to the exercise would be helpful so we can see the instructions. :slight_smile: