Build a Website Style Guide Challenge Project (HTML, CSS)

Hey ya’ll, just finished my style sheet. Made it pretty quick and dirty, used a reset.css sheet to remove all margins etc. Coder friend of mine suggested I start using them since they’re helpful. Actually kinda was.

Hope everyone’s journey is going smoothly!

Here’s my solution for this problem.

https://github.com/leunggerry/coding_interview_practice/commit/8d94f4d9fb97456627590a554c282f9d96b09f7d

Please do have a look if you have a chance. I would love to here some feedback and improvements.

EDIT: I will definitely come back and make it more personal

TIA :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, I share my web design here, thank you for this fantastic project, was a bit challenging and interesting

[codebyte]

Hi,

Here is my version : My website design system

And if you want to take a look at the files : GitHub - floHallet/designSystem

I hope it will please your eyes :wink:

So interesting how everyone approaches things so differently.

It has a very playful feel. It would awsome layout for like a party-city type place!

Hey, I’ve left a couple of comments on some great finished projects; here is what I came up with. Thanks for any feedback.

Hello there! I’ve finished the project. Here’s my solution on Github:
https://mypage-solutions.github.io/Design-System/

Hi guys,

As usual, I’ve enjoyed the project, as you learn something new every time you’re doing it.
These are my:

Wow! That’s a lot of research and work you put in! Well done!

1 Like

Beautiful webpage!
I would remove “position:fixed” on the main heading as it overlaps the color section. Apart from that, great job!.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I think the problem I have is having 2 scrollers. If I could keep only inner scroller and get rid of outer screen scroller - it would resolve the problem of overlapping. But I don’t know how to do it.

Hi guys,

Welcome to visit my version and leave your feedback!
Github files: Project: a Website Design System

1 Like

I’ve managed to remove the second scroll bar, and on my computer it looks perfect. However, when I use developers’ Google Chrome tool, I can see that the heading is still overlapping with the main section. Surprisingly, it didn’t help even when I removed “position: fixed”.

I was reviewing your style.css file and I remember there was something else to leave the heading static. I did fork your repository and created a pull request. There you could see what I changed and review my request if you don’t like it.

Hello! I’ve finished my project. Here’s my files on Github:
My Website Style Guide
READMY.md
I would be grateful for your feedback)

Just finished mine but I didn’t follow the assignment strictly so I made it another thread. Check it out on the forums here : https://discuss.codecademy.com/t/web-design-system-i-understood-the-assignment/641097

or check it out on the Codecademy workspace here

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Here is my version of the Website Style Guide Challenge Project.

Code: GitHub - rajevesubnaik/Website-Style-Guide: Website design system
Live Site: Rajeve's Website Style Guide

This is my contribution to this challange:
The live website: a Website Design System
The project code: GitHub - Malobeid/Challenge-Project-Build-a-Website-Design-System

please give any feedback?

1 Like

This My work…
I hope inspired
Live Website : Website Design System
Source Code : GitHub - caturhidayat/website-design-system-starting: Codecademy : Challenge Project: Build a Website Design System

3 Likes