Bug in "More Practice With Conditionals"

There's a continuous bug in exercise 16 for Javascript!

When you type the coding exactly as the instructions state, it still renders an error. Yet, there is absolutely no way of getting in contact with help support unless you give Code Academy $20 a month for assistance. This website is becoming more of a sham...

@designlb,

NOT true....

If you could present the code you are using...
maybe you could get help....?!

edit your Post

• leave one blank-line above of your code
  • select your code in the Post
  • then =click= on the </>-symbol-of-this-editor

Your code will then be in a pre-code state
and you will be able to make/present the proper indentations.

or even better use
= http://discuss.codecademy.com/t/using-backticks-to-format-your-code/3697

@leonhard_wettengmx_n

Since you feel so confident that I am wrong, here is a link so that you can see for yourself:
https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/getting-started-v2/2/5?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

I've been a member of Code Academy since 2011.

There used to be options where you could contact the support team to help with the "bugs of error" whenever you refreshed and re-performed the instructions precisely, and it still generated an error.

Now are you able to provide a valid reason as to why the sole option to getting assistance with programming errors is to type a question into a forum that doesn't get answered by the support team? Every member hasn't developed a solution to every possible situation, in case you haven't noticed.

Hi @designlb, that link to Exercise 16. More practice with conditionals will take everyone who uses it to their own version of the exercise so unfortunately it isn't helping me spot the problem.

As part of the bug reporting process, please post the code that you are using and the error message that you are seeing.

@albionsrefuge

I am providing the coding for the exercise. If I type in the only the first part, which prints out "true." The error states that I also need a statement that prints out "false." However, once I type in a statement that I know is printing out false, in which it does, the error is still saying I need a statement that is false. That is where the bug in the programming is. All you did what reiterate the link that I already provided to display what it is I am talking about.

Here is the code so that you visually see what it is I am talking about:

if(10 * 6 > 40)
{
console.log("The condition is true");
}
else
{
console.log("The condition is false");
}

if(18 / 2 <= 3)
{
}
else
{
}

if(10 * 6 > 40)
{
}
else
{
}

if(18 / 2 <= 3)
{
}
else
{
}

Returns the following SCT error message:

Oops, try again. Your condition evaluated to true! It should evaluate to false.

Reading the instructions, we see all the correct phrases are used in the code. However, # 4 reads,

Make sure your condition evaluates to false, so that your program prints out "The condition is false".

Reducing the code to just this,

if(18 / 2 <= 3)
{
}
else
{
}

results in a Pass.

@mtf

Thank you, I've tried everything else.