Bug in 5 task "Did you add an if statement to your code? "

My code below, In console this code works perfectly
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");

console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?' ") ;

var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");
if (userAnswer === "yes") {
console.log( "You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
} else {
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

can someone solve this crap....its a bug

I also got stuck with this same code as well as with the same error msg.Can someone help me plz?

I found a solution, just need to use the code from other tasks:
// Check if the user is ready to play!
console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");
confirm("awegegsdfgsdfg");
var age = prompt("What's your age");

if(age < 13){
console.log("sadfasdfasdf");
}
else{
console.log("sadfasdfasdf");
}
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");
userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?")
if(userAnswer == "yes"){
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!")
}
else{
console.log( "Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")
}

[quote="katrin_m, post:5, topic:24149"]
if(userAnswer == "yes")
this is not working for me.still having same error msg.

mine does the same thing, it just asks for an else statement

console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!")
}
else
{
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")
}

This is what I have, but it always asks for an else statement, even though one is clearly there!

part of it got cut off, here's the full:

if (userAnswer = "yes")
{
}
else
{
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'")
}

Found the fix guys, you have to put in the code about the age prompt that the lesson deletes from the top, so you have the entire 'adventure':

confirm("I'm ready to play");
var age = prompt("Whats your age?");
if (age < 13) {
console.log("You're too young for this game");
} else {
console.log("Play on!");
}
var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");
if (userAnswer === "yes")
{
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
}
else
{
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

yup

if (userAnswer === "yes")
else

its a bug it worked to me

Thank you! It helped!

same here i typed console.log("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");
var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?")
if (userAnswer === "yes") {
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
} else {
}

even if there are other errors it says i have no if statement?

Thank you stephenhowe! That was the fix to the issue.