Browser not working

I am working on https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-rails/lessons/one-many/exercises/one-many-update-destination-i?action=lesson_resume, excercise 7/9.

Try to run the app, but the browser says 'Not Found'.
Trying to start the Rails server, but errors given: 'Could not find tzinfo-data ... Run bundle install'. So I run 'bundle install' but that is 'Killed'.

I would love to send screenshots, but uploading doesn't work either. It keeps saying 'Uploading 100%'.

I just started using Codecademy, but I am wondering if this is really a serious site. It seems a bit crappy to me. There hasn't been a day that there were no problems (apart from my mistakes). I would like to be sure that if things don't work, it is my fault and not a problem in the site.

Hi again @ctammes!

I'm not sure why file upload isn't working right now, but you could try uploading your screenshots to a service like Imgur.

I'm getting the same error, and have passed it on to the internal team so they can fix it. Your best option may be to wait a day or two, then come back to the course :confused:

but I am wondering if this is really a serious site. It seems a bit crappy to me.

I understand why you think that. In these past few days, there have been a lot more errors reported in the Rails course than usual, and I'm not quite sure why - I'm guessing something changed internally that broke a lot of stuff. I'm not sure which other courses you're taking, but at least for the Rails course, you just happened to start at a bad time.

Not that that's an excuse for the poor quality you've been experiencing, I'm just trying to explain it.

I already wondered if it was just the Rails course having problems and others not. I have used your site only since a couple of days and have not had a errorless session yet. And that worries me a bit. I like the content and the way the course is structured, and it is not my intention to quit, so I continue and be patient.

Another problem arose yesterday when I issued a ' rails generate' command, like I had to to with all the courses before. I got an error " TZInfo::DataSourceNotFound' . Adding a line to the gemfile "gem 'tzinfo-data'" solved the problem. Maybe another hint?

3. Controller 3/7: get "/messages" => "messages#index"
Unknown error when displaying all messages
My first speedbump
4. resources :users

@ctammes

I got an error " TZInfo::DataSourceNotFound' . Adding a line to the gemfile "gem 'tzinfo-data'" solved the problem

That's great, would you mind posting that solution over in this topic as well? It seems to be affecting a number of people.

I have added the solution to the other topic.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.