Broken Lesson won't let me progress. According to your broken code this is not a working loop?

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-5YvPF/0/6?curriculum_id=5124ef4c78d510dd89003eb8

The code works. This is about the 10th time in the same PHP lesson that the program has thrown an error when there isn't one. Usually I just had to reload the page and rewrite the code and sometimes it would work. But now, according to your amazingly well written program I need to "Put parenthesis around $loopCond!!!" so it won't let me progress. Amazingly, creating a forum post is the only way to report a bug. I'm sure this will get tons of attention and just not be buried. Safe to say me codecademy experience was a complete joke. Absolutely will not be recommending to anybody.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
		<title>Much a do-while</title>
	</head>
	<body>
    <?php
		$loopCond = false;
		do {
			echo "<p>The loop ran even though the loop condition is false.</p>";
		} while ($loopCond == true);

echo "<p>Now the loop is done running.</p>";
    ?>
    </body>
</html>

@rubyrockstar87663
look at mine code..

<?php
		$loopCond = false;
		do {
			echo "<p>The loop ran even though the loop condition is false.</p>";
			} while ($loopCond);

echo "<p>Now the loop is done running.</p>";
    ?>

Hope it helps :+1:

your code is fine.but here in codecadmy in many lesson you just have to do what you are told to do.no more no less :slight_smile: .

while ($loopCond == true);
is same if you use
while ($loopCond);

you are getting the error(Did you put parentheses around $LoopCond) for this reason.

@rcodeman
No i didn't get anything. :slight_smile:
But, first I did it like this } while ($loopCond=true); and that wasn't correct.
:triumph:
Now I'm confused :slight_smile:

i didn't reply you i replied rubyrockstar87663 :slight_smile:

but are you asking something?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.