Boots Bootique Repository Problem

I’m having problems with the Boots Bootique project, in task 6 I need to add the links to de repository:

27 public class BootController {
28 private final BootRepository bootRepository;// Added line
29 public BootController(final BootRepository bootRepository){// Added line
30 this.bootRepository = bootRepository;// Added line
31 }// Added line

Comparing to the walkthrough video I see no differences but the web page goes blank and when I use “mvn compile” I get this error:

Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/ccuser/workspace/spring-data-jpa-boots-bootique-project/src/main/java/com/codecademy/boots/controllers/BootController.java:[28,17] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class BootRepository
[ERROR] location: class com.codecademy.boots.controllers.BootController
[ERROR] /home/ccuser/workspace/spring-data-jpa-boots-bootique-project/src/main/java/com/codecademy/boots/controllers/BootController.java:[29,31] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class BootRepository
[ERROR] location: class com.codecademy.boots.controllers.BootController
[ERROR] → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] MojoFailureException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation

Here a screen shot:

I been stuck in this task 2 days now, any help is welcome.

Thanks!

1 Like

You left out import com.codecademy.boots.repositories.BootRepository; in the BootController class then, running mvn compile in terminal should display “BUILD SUCCESS” in the output terminal. You could try pkill ein in terminal. Referencing this post, there still seems to be an issue with the platform the lesson is using to run the code. Best bet is to report the bug if your code does not work.