Black screen in courses

When I got back to my SQL course days ago, I started getting a black screen without any content on it. Other courses run into the same problem as well. I’ve tried everything on the troubleshooting guide. Still no luck. So I went deeper into dev tool on my browser and saw several prompts stating that access to what is supposed to show on the screen at some urls from codecademy has been blocked by CORS policy with the quote “No ‘Access Control Allow Origin’ is present on requested resource.” Then I started wondering if it’s got something to do with my pc or something else. Any helps would be much appreciated.

What OS are you using and what web browser? Also, if it’s Chrome, do you have any extensions installed? Are you using HTTPS or HTTP in the codecademy URL?

I’ll ask around and see if I can find some answers too…

Please submit a bug report to CS:

2 Likes

Thx for the quick response. will file a bug report later. and btw, I’m working on Windows 10 Home and Pro (I get 2 desktops). I also get a macbook. I tried Edge, chrome, firefox, opera and safari. None of them worked. As for the URL, I don’t think I changed that. Cuz I’ve been logging in everyday. The problem only emerged since Oct 1st.

2 Likes

I faced the same problem when i access all the course.

I’ve made contact with support team. They said it has something to do with VPN. And the weirdest thing is, I didn’t use any kind of that stuff.

i do not use any VPN too.
Also, i can access the course just a few days ago.
It show that the environment is work.

VPN on your end or something in the configuration on CC’s end?

Is that all they said?

They said my ip address and geolocation is not at the same place, which means I was probably using VPN, which it’s not true. So I switched to another network as they suggested, using my mobile phone. It wouldn’t even let me through the security check.

The course was down since Oct 1st in my case. Kept working on it till now. Probably I need to work harderXD

1 Like

I have the same problem. I am pissed off for almost 3 weeks since i learnt nothing but wasted time.

I’ve given up any further attempts and started working on other things. It’s pain in the ■■■ not coding day and night though.