Better understanding higher order functions - helpful resources

Just some thoughts about this exercise - from

These two articles help me to understand better the exercise

13 Likes

Many Many Thanks but you know still hard, it is so complicated.

9 Likes

So true. It’s like there was a huge leap in this exercise from Arrays to Loops. Now we’re in a Brave New World.
I’ve been rolling with the things I didn’t understand until now. Now I feel like I need to sit down and examine the elements in Javascript to understand the layout.

12 Likes

Instructions should be rewritten. HOF are complicated but they aren’t that abstract, they are enough for any human to understand. Problem is, the instructions.

11 Likes

I have to agree on this. I understand that functions can be passed as parameters, that’s not the difficulty. What I struggle to understand is how this kind of callback is useful when used. I’m supposed to learn an advanced concept but I have no clue what its purpose is. If that was clarified with simple examples I think it would then just be a matter of learning the syntax properly.

4 Likes

I’m no way near understanding this, but found this a really helpful read.

8 Likes

Totally agree, the instructions are very poorly written. It would help to understand what the objective actually is

1 Like

I’m completely stuck on this lesson. The explanation is hard to understand. I’m trying to find the info on other resources but with no success yet. It would be great if your examples will relate to real life applications. Even though I somehow completed the lesson I feel that I didn’t grasp the concept in order to apply it in my future projects.

2 Likes

Was totally confused by this lesson, I feel the instructions didn’t really explain what was going on, and by the time I got to instruction 2, it made absolutely 0 sense to me, in terms of what it as asking for.
When looking at the hint, I didn’t understand how I was supposed to figure past -

const checkConsistentOutput = (func, val) => {

Very difficult lesson to grasp.

Thank you for this, this article was a great help.