Being contacted by recruiters w/no relevant experience?

Hello everybody,

Wondering if you could offer your input from either end of the spectrum. Like many here, I have been using coding boot camps to help change my career. For the last 10 years I have been working in sales, and for a few years before that, working in GIS. Needless to say my portfolio basically consists of projects I’ve completed from here and Free Code Camp. Recently I’ve been active posting profiles/resumes on various job boards and in the last 2 days been contacted by recruiters within a few days of each other. I am wondering, do I address my lack of experience up front or really try to sell my portfolio? What have you done (particularly when a recruiter contacts you about a job that requires experience)?

I know from experience a good chunk of what you do is learned on the job…there’s only so much you can prepare yourself for with education. On one hand I feel comfortable having this conversation, but on the other hand, I dread screwing up what could be an ideal opportunity. What do you guys have to share?

TLDR: how do you sell yourself in interviews?