Beginner needing feedback - Dasmoto's Arts & Crafts project

Hi,

I have just been playing around with the Dasmoto’s Arts & Crafts project as a total beginner and would love some feedback on the HTML & CSS used.

I have now moved onto JavaScript and hope to build on this more as it progresses:

Thanks

B

Hi,
I notice that your background image is not including in the github (so it won’t show what it looks like, making it hard to judge aesthetically).

I would also be a little careful about the positioning of the text here and similary places (seems too close to the top left): Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 3.30.39 PM

I recommend Kevin Powell’s youtube channel to get great insights on CSS tips that can quickly make things look good.

Hi and thank you for some feedback.

The background url is in the CSS;

Thanks for the tip on positioning.

Yes! But note that url is local (it only works for your computer). If you want to make it work for anyone looking at your website on github, you need to both provide the file and link the image properly within your github file structure.

Oh I see! Thanks!
I have just added the background and scrolling images to issues within Github and also to the README file. Am not sure how else to link the images so any more info would be welcome. I am officially falling down the rabbit hole!
Do I need to add all of the images used and if so have I uploaded correctly?

Thanks again

PS: Regards to the positioning of the text, how do I align this in CSS within the color? Simply the ‘align-right’?

Much like you reference your css file in your current folder: href="./index.css" you need to do the same for any other files you are using. (For example: images/hacksaw.jpg where you have an images folder in the same directory as your index.html).

Right now in your github you only have 3 files:
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 12.01.35 PM
You should upload your images so that they’re also there (maybe to be neat, in an images folder). I think currently you uploaded them to the readme file, but that won’t let anyone replicate your site (without a lot of extra work).

Video on vertical alignment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJVVZYTYA9U