Beat Mix Project - npm won't run

Hi,

I’m starting the Beat Mix project on the Create a Back End App with Javascript and I’ve run into an issue trying to get the project setup. The instructions walk through setting up the project files and executing some commands on the terminal line to run npm (https://www.codecademy.com/paths/create-a-back-end-app-with-javascript/tracks/bapi-javascript-arrays-loops-and-iterators/modules/project-beat-mix/informationals/bapi-p2-beat-mix)

When I run the first command, it throws up an error saying that there is no package.json file, but it creates a file called package-lock.json. So I renamed this file to package.json to see what happens and then moved to the next step and ran npm run start which throws up an error Missing script: “start” which I’m guessing means that renaming the file isn’t the way to go.

So where do I generate or locate the package.json file for the project? It’s not in the project folder.

Thanks for any help or insights!

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.