Basic Git workflow - Git Commit question

The problem I have is with the following exercise:

Make your first commit! From the terminal, type the command along with a commit message. The message should describe the point of the commit.

Note: If you enter the command incorrectly, you may enter a command line text editor known as nano. If this happens, enter Ctrl + X to exit nano.

Now i don’t really understand what they mean with “The message should describe the point of the commit”.
So I’m guessing I need to describe the exact position this command needs to be used, but I really have nu clue what exactly they are asking of me here.

Now I’m not native english speaking so maybe I’m missing something but I need a bit more context here.
I tried putting in the following but like I said, I’m not sure what they are asking here.
git commit -m “Complete first line of dialogue.”

<Below this line, add a link to the EXACT exercise that you are asking about.>
https://www.codecademy.com/courses/freelance1-u3/lessons/learn-git-workflow/exercises/git-commit?action=lesson_resume&program_content_id=d3ff7a3f481bee5d0d9213294acfb460&program_id=10b05340b90bb10427851912f36421a2

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.